10 Facts About Me **
► Name: Nathaniel Don Balbuena Española
► Birth place: Tandag City
► Hair color: Black
► Age: 19 years old
► Eye Color: Dark brown
► Birthday: August 30, 1996
► Gender: Male
► Lefty or Righty: Righty
► Single or taken?: Single
Of Me and the Likes of Me **
- What ONE word best describes you?
- Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
It basically depends upon the situation. But more often than not, I like reading the books and opt not to watch the movie. I couldn’t afford to see my favorite book being ruined by a movie adaptation again. (Percy Jackson series)
- Name the title of your favorite film or book.
Harry Potter Series, Percy Jackson Series, & Digital Fortress
- Name your favorite band/s or singer/s and their songs that you love best
Tori Kelly- City Dove, Something Beautiful, Celestial, Worth it, Unbreakable Smile, Daydream
Ed Sheeran – I see fire, The A team, Lego House, Thinking Out Loud
Julie Anne San Jose – The Day You said goodbye, Tulad mo, Forever, Tidal Wave, Baby You Are
Silent Sanctuary – Pasensya ka na
Jason Mraz – Everything is sound, 98 miles, I won’t give up
- Write lyrics that apply to my current situation/mood.
“Don’t ask me what’s wrong or right, I don’t even know time. All I know is I’m holding on.”
- Put these in order of your favorite movie genre to least: Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical and dance?
Horror, Thriller, Comedy, Adventure, Drama, Romance, Musical and Dance, Superhero, Action
- What are the top 5 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad!)
My Sassy Girl
Inside and Out
- If you could choose which age/era/century would you be born in which would it be?
I would definitely love to go back to 1900’s. I missed my simple life as a kid.
The Deeper Side of Me **
- What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
Balut (I won’t dare eating it again)
- What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone? How much did it cost and who was it for?
I couldn’t remember the exact price but it was not really that expensive. I guess it cost only a hundred. It was pretty cheap but the story behind it is really priceless.
- What’s the freakiest dream you’ve ever had? Describe.
I dreamt of being enrolled at Hogwarts. One time, we played Quidditch cup outside Hogwarts. We ended up fighting, but not the usual one. We casted spell towards each other and laughed while watching our each other fall from their magical broom.
- What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
I scraped my knee. It was so deep and big that I had to recover from it for a couple of weeks.
- Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A:Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B: Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C: Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
I would confidently pick letter B. Society has nothing to do with that I want to become someday. I won’t live according to the standards of this world. Given a chance to become extremely intelligent be a millionaire at the same time would be a great thing. I can live far away wherein people can’t judge the way I am.
- Who are your best friends?
Ricxmar Von Buletic, Arvill Orozco, Maye Orozco, Michael Lagua, Germs Ramos, Princess de los Santos, Gellie Anne Estrella, Louiela Lima, Lorraine Sygaco
- Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
No. Because I believe I am a boring person with a bad attitude. I tend to become too jealous when I see that my close friends are getting too close from other people.
- Which is easier, to forgive or to forget?
- Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking? Who?
It’s hard to pin point. I believe that ever person I meet has a purpose for me and they’re there to give me a lesson in life.
- If you could be talented at anything instantly what would you choose?
Basketball. I wanted to become a basketball player ever since I found out that I sucked at it.
- If you could live in any fictional universe which would you choose?
A universe wherein everyone can live happily without being broken by useless people in this world.
- What have been the top 3 most brilliant days of this year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
- When I became a member of YFC Langyaw. I experienced many first time with these family.
- When I went home for my birthday even if it was school days. It was brilliant because my parents requested me to go home and it was something not so usual for me.
- When I first said yes to become the worship leader for our Tuesday prayer meeting. It was something I really feared of doing and it was such a fulfilling feeling when you finally faced your fear.
- If you could Eliminate one of your human needs which would you get rid of?
The need to be loved by other people. I guess people should focus more on their selves and stop asking for love from the people who don’t know anything about life, but just hurting the people.
Heart To Heart **
- Do you believe in soul mates? YES
- Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
I already encountered this kind of situation. We actually became more than friends, but sadly, just like any sad movies; it didn’t have a happy ending. I actually regretted everything. Cliché it may seem, but I should say that we should value more friendship than our intentions of being more than just friends because it will eventually break the two of you.
- What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
I’m a type of person who is indistinctively shy when I’m confessing my feelings but I can manage to look them in the eyes when they’re talking to me. So I think the first one would be more difficult for me.
- Who is that one person that you really like and what makes them unique from the rest?
I’m at the point of my life wherein I’m still searching for that one person who can really change my way of thinking in life. My parents always inspired me to do better in everything I do, but other than them, I think I’m yet to meet one.
- What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
I think it’s sad whenever a person is taken for granted. I believe everyone deserves attention and love because we are all an empty space that needs to be filled.
- Say, the semester has ended, what valuable NON-ACADEMIC Lesson would you want to learn from your teacher/s or classmates, if given the chance?
I always loved learning. My friends would always tease me that I’m a person who likes all types of subjects. Little do they know that what I like is actually learning and expanding my knowledge about something regardless of what subject it is. However, after experience a big downfall in my life, I started to go to classes leaving myself behind at our room. If given a chance to learn something, I would love to learn the art of appreciating learning again. I believe that when you love learning, everything that is desirable in life will effortlessly follow.