10 Facts About Me **
► Name: Cyril Mae Umadhay Lozada
► Birth place: Butuan Doctors Hospital, Butuan City
► Hair color: Black, brown, white and grey
► Age: 17 years old
► Eye Color: Chocolate Brown
► Birthday: November 23, 1998
► Gender: Female
► Lefty or Righty: Lefty
► Single or taken?: Single
Of Me and the Likes of Me **
- What ONE word best describes you?
Among all of the billions of adjectives, the word “Reader” best describes me. Since that Readers have lots of classifications like mind readers, ‘between the lines’ readers, ‘future’ readers, and ‘word’ readers, I can say that I only belong to one class of Reader, the ‘word’ readers.
- Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
Reading books, of course. I’m a Reader remember? Movies are like second hand imaginations. Everything in movies is only the perception of the director of that film. When you read books, you can boss the way how the characters look like or how the setting place looks like. You feel like you’re making a movie inside your head.
- Name the title of your favorite film or book.
So far, the Legend Trilogy of Marie Lu is the best books that I’ve read so far. The brilliance of the author in writing how June Iparis and Daniel Altan Wing move in the series is so first class. I love the way how they ended up with each other despite of the bittersweet things that the author made them to go through. Their romance has a mixed conflict which makes it even more exciting unlike cliché teen age love stories.
- Name your favorite band/s or singer/s and their songs that you love best?
I love music. I love listening to them so this list may go long.
- Chris Tomlin
- Unfailing Love
- Lead Me to the Cross
- Kari Jobe
- Taylor Swift
- Sweeter Than Fiction
- Better Than Revenge
- How You Get the Girl
- I Wish You Would
- All You had to Do was Stay
- If this was a Movie
- State of Grace
- Phillip Phillips
- Gone GoneGone
- Tell Me a Story
- Ain’t It Fun
- That’s What You Get
- Victorious Cast
- Finally Falling
- A. Boyz
- Make it in America
- Make it Shine
- Song to You
- You’re the Reason
- Take a Hint
- Best Friend’s Brother
- Tell Me That You Love Me
- Here’s to Us
- Freak the Freak Out
- Give it Up
- Demi Lovato
- Cool for the Summer
- Charlie Puth
- One Call Away
- The Vamps
- Somebody to You
- Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)
- Last Night
- Wild Heart
- Somebody to You
- Jessie J
- Ariana Grande
- The Way
- Baby I
- Almost is Never Enough
- My Everything
- Why Try
- Be My Baby
I have a lot more in mind but I will not disclose it anymore here.
- Write lyrics that apply to my current situation/mood.
“Ain’t it fun, living in the real world” – Ain’t it Fun by Paramore.
- Put these in order of your favorite movie genre to least: Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical and dance?
Comedy, action, adventure, musical, dance, romance, superhero, drama, thriller, horror (I will never watch horror movies).
- What are the top 5 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad!)
Top 5: The Best of Me
Top 4: God’s Not Dead
Top 3: I am Sam
Top 2: Hachiko
Top 1: The Passion of Christ
- If you could choose which age/era/century would you be born in which would it be?
I want to be born in the era where Jesus Christ was still on the earth as a human being. I want to witness with my own eyes and ears the parables and teachings that He had made before He rose to heaven.
The Deeper Side of Me **
- What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
My aunt once cooked a strange longganisa for our breakfast. She came all the way from America and sometimes she cooks strange and foreign food to us. She claims them to be delicious but I find them really disgusting. That longganisa tastes like ginger and it’s really spicy. I really hate spicy foods.
- What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone? How much did it cost and who was it for?
Last Valentine’s Day, I and my roommate decided to give gifts for ourselves in that day. I bought myself a pair of jeans that costs P800.00. That is already expensive for me given the fact that I’m still a dependent student to my parents and that amount of money could last weeks if I didn’t spend it. Also, I’m a very thrifty person.
- What’s the freakiest dream you’ve ever had? Describe.
I had this very weird and freaky dream about me being lifted from my bed one night and then someone touched my butt. I don’t know who did that but it’s really freaky.
- What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
When I was in my first grade, I got my nose bleeding after I tripped and fell flat on the ground, face first, and two of my bulky classmates tripped, too, and landed over me. We were having a game of chasing each other one lunch time and I tripped and so did my playmates. I don’t know what to do and just walked out of the room and went straight for home. When I checked myself in the mirror, I looked like an abnormal kid that ate a lot of chocolates.
- Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A:Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B: Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C: Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
I’d choose option A. Why? If I’m really that freaking smart and intelligent, I could think of a lot of ways to get myself out of poverty. I could invent an invention that could change a lot of people’s lives and then they would pay me millions for that invention. I could start a new social networking site that would be a hell lot better than Zuckerburg’s. I could do lots of things since that my intelligence puts Einstein’s brilliance into shame.
- Who are your best friends?
I’m the kind of girl who hides most of me from people. I feel like the only people that I can put my trust in is my family. They are the ones who understand all of me. I do have close friends that I hang out with. They are my childhood friends to be exact. I know them most of my life but I never had a best friend.
- Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
No, as a person with severe trust issues, I think I’m quite private about everything about me. I don’t even wear shorts so that no one can see a huge part of me.
- Which is easier, to forgive or to forget?
It is always easy to forgive and always difficult to forget. Why? Ask your brain. If you have a photographic memory, blame everything to your brain.
- Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking? Who?
Yes and that personis my church mate Amailyn Villarmia. She’s the worship leader of our church. Through her, I see the world a different angle. Instead of seeing this as fun and lame, I know see them as good or evil.
- If you could be talented at anything instantly what would you choose?
I want to be a talented motorbike rider. It’s really cool to see motorbikes flying in a very fast speed. I have a severe balancing problem that I don’t even know how to ride a simple bicycle.
- If you could live in any fictional universe which would you choose?
I want to live in the planet Lorien. Loric people have Legacies or special abilities that came from their home planet, Lorien. So it means to say that if you step foot on their planet and accept the awaiting Legacies, you could have powers as well. You can have superhuman strength or enhanced sense. You can turn invisible or fly at your own will. You can move objects without touching them or control the elements. You can have a anti-gravity ability or lounge fireball at your foes. Isn’t that cool?
- What have been the top 3 most brilliant days of this year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
Top 3: January 1, 2016
The New Year’s Day is a brilliant day for me. Staying up until dawn is like a small thing for me already because of the stressful and sleepless nights in college that keeping myself awake until New Year’s Day is as easy as taking a candy away form a baby. We all had a great time eating lots of food. After we celebrated, we played lots of board games until dawn. It was a very fun day.
Top 2: February 9, 2016
Our Internet Connection was having some troubles that we don’t have an Internet for a whole day. Internet is like the only thing for entertainment in our apartment that we can’t stand staying there with nothing to do. We decided to have a girl’s night out and we ended up having a really nice time together. We had our very first “Room 103 Family” photo where the four us is present.
Top 1: February 21, 2016
We had a thanksgiving lunch this day after going to church. I and my other cousins who went to college came home and we have a sort of a reunion. I’m glad that my grandmother is glad most of all. She’s happy to see her grandchildren together in the same roof. My parents were there and I haven’t seen them for a very long time because of my studies.
- If you could eliminate one of your human needs which would you get rid of?
I would eliminate the need of sleep. You can only enjoy 12 hours in the day because of the need to rest. Technically speaking, you’re living only half the year since that half of it is devoted for sleeping. Can we just shrug of the need of sleeping?
Heart To Heart **
- Do you believe in soul mates?
No. Can souls be mates too? I only believe in destiny and that everything comes as the way the Lord wants it to be.
- Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
I will accept his love. I will tell him that I love him, too, but only as a friend. If he keeps on showing his love for me, I might love him back.
- What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
Looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel is more difficult. The thing about it is that pouring your feelings in an empty bowl is really excruciating. Even by thinking of it, I know the great amount of pride that you should throw away in order for you to do that.
- Who is that one person that you really like and what makes them unique from the rest?
My little cousin, Jonahlyn Lozada, is that very person. I like her for the fact that she’s really blunt and real. She’s can’t keep her mouth shut and will tell the absolute truth without thinking about the consequences. She comments about the things around her with integrity and courage and you can tell that she tells nothing but the truth. That makes her unique among others who are mainly hypocrites and cowards that can’t speak up.
- What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
We human beings take for granted the goodness and kindness of another person. When we see that that person has a good heart, we make use of his/her goodness to get what we want.
- Say, the semester has ended, what valuable NON-ACADEMIC Lesson would you want to learn from your teacher/s or classmates, if given the chance?
I want to learn a new foreign language for fun. All this time, English clings on to me and I’m irritated with it. If I were given the chance, I would learn a new language. We never know when that thing would be valuable. It’s better to learn loads of things now that we are still young.